The Senior Auditor will take a significant role in conducting financial audits/reviews of private or government organizations based in Kabul who receives donor funds. This requires the ability to work independently and supervise a small team during planning, developing audit/review procedures, conducting field testing and drafting reports. The Senior Auditor will also manage the field work and assist the audit team in writing progress reports, formal memos, and audit reports.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have a University Degree in Accounting or Business and CPA, CA or ACCA qualification.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in performing audits or financial reviews of private or government organizations operating in Afghanistan.
- Knowledge of US GAAP, US Government Auditing Standards or International Auditing Standards.
- Excellent communication skills including fluent in English language with strong written and verbal communication skills
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting financial statements audits in accordance with International auditing standards US Government Auditing Standards
- Evaluating application of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles
- Conducting internal control assessment in accordance with OMB A-123 Internal Controls, Uniform Guidance and Single Audit Act.
- Evaluating compliance with applicable Afghan laws and US government regulations.
- Documenting audit workpaper, audit findings and recommendations.
- Preparing audit reports in accordance with International auditing standards or US government auditing standards.
- Conducting financial reviews based on statement of work and agreed up-on procedures applicable to the review engagement.
- Conducting interviews with persons responsible for performing or overseeing key business process and related controls and documenting interview notes.
- Developing written documentation of the business processes identified for review and testing.
- Completing audit work papers and writing detailed memos for each process and subprocess reviewed and tested.