ECG is seeking a Defense Lawyer for its office in Kabul, Afghanistan to support clients (local and international organizations) with all legal and business litigations. He/She will take the lead role in providing litigation service and support in accordance with Afghanistan laws, regulations and legal procedures at various Ministries and commercial courts.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Must have Master degree in Law.
- License from Afghanistan Independent Bar Association.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience in performing as defense lawyer in Afghanistan.
- Excellent communication skills including fluent in English language with strong written and verbal communication
Specific responsibilities include:
- Demonstrated ability to litigate a range of commercial and complex litigation matters independently and with minimal supervision, on behalf of company from investigation to appeal, including but not limited to, research, writing briefs/motions, interviewing witnesses, investigations, drafting/responding to discovery, defending depositions, mediating, negotiating conducting arbitrations and trails as first or second chair, communicating with client, opposing party, courts and arbitration.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team depending on department needs. Must be able to work closely with both the legal team and the wide-range of clients.
- Conducting, arrangement and attending at the meetings with authority of Afghan government in case of need.
- Drafting power of Attorney and Board of Resolution as needed by the client.
- Strong organizational and time management skills required, must be able to prioritize assignment and multi-task.
- Applying for changing president and vice president of active companies.
- Applying for ratification/approval of New POAs/Board Resolutions at the MoFA.
- Providing Legal advises for leadership of Company.
- Translation & interpretation in case of need.